This year's campaign goal is $500,000! However, the thousands of volunteers and supporters realize it is not just about meeting a goal, it is about meeting a need.
Do you want to make a difference in the local community? Do you work for a company or business that believes in advancing the common good? Then how about starting an individual or workplace campaign? The United Way of Northwest Illinois has all of the tools you will need to make it a success—and make your job as a United Way Ambassador as easy as possible.
The United Way works with hundreds of employers and volunteers in the Northwest Illinois each year. We believe that providing employees with meaningful opportunities to give back to the community is a benefit for any organization or company. It also helps build a sense of community as see the impact these investments make in our communities and the lives of our friends and neighbors. A well-developed partnership with United Way provides employees with these and many other opportunities:
- Community Involvement -- opportunities to give back and make a difference
- Convenience and affordability in giving options such as payroll deduction and electronic pledging
- United Way's knowledge of the community ensures contributions are used effectively and produced results
- Strategic giving -- opportunities for direct contributions to initiatives – such as supporting education in our community
- Professional and service-oriented volunteer roles with community agencies
- Publications and educational forums to stay informed of pressing social issues
- Special recognition for donors who give $1,000 and more annually