United Way Day of Action is an opportunity for volunteers, donors and advocates who seek to change lives and communities be part of the solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives.
United Way of Northwest Illinois has been celebrating Day of Action in our local community for many years and this year, in partnership with the Highland Servant Leaders Summer Serve Day, we will come together on June 20, 2024, to serve the local communities of Stephenson, Jo Daviess and Carroll Counties.
FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
Individuals and businesses have the opportunity to advance the common good by volunteering in our local community for various projects. We invite you to get involved!
Fill out the Day of Action Volunteer Form below. If you have any questions, reach out to Connie @email@example.com.
If you are a non profit organization in Stephenson, Jo Daviess or Carroll county and have a project that you need volunteers for, fill out the form below.
Projects are selected based on human and financial resources available.
Past Day of Action Activities included:
- Installing a Born Learning Trail at the King Community Campus
- Putting together & delivering Senior Care Packages
- Painting at the Madonna Renewal Center
- Helping the Lena Lions Club move & organize Fall Festival booths
- Cleaning & maintenance at the Lena Community Center
- Painting the handicap accessible pier & cleaning up brush/landscaping in McConnell
- Sorting and organizing at My Friends Closet
- Cleaning up the playground and laying new mulch at the King Community Campus. The campus is the location of Amity Daycare, the Boys & Girls Club of Stephenson County, and Head Start.
- Landscaping at Norman Sleezer Youth Home
- Sorting books that will fill the Little Free Libraries
- Grammercy Park in East Dubuque clean up and landscaping
- Assisting at the Galena Food Pantry
- Landscaping and painting at the YMCA
- Landscaping at the Elizabeth Community Park
- Replacing table legs and landscaping at the Lena Community Center