United Way works for healthier Jo Daviess, Stephenson, and Carroll Counties
- CONTACT’s 24 hour help line provided 40 calls daily to seniors or individuals with disabilities as part of their “Reassurance Program”. These calls include medication reminders and wellness checks. 100% of participants stated that they were able to remain living independently in their home and have an improved quality of life due to the program.
- United Way’s partnership with FamilyWize Prescription Discount Program has provided $455,896 of prescription assistance to over 4750 people.
New Community Impact Initiatives for 2018/2019
- More than 33% of children and adolescents are overweight or obese. That’s 25 million kids and teenagers.
- Children with health coverage are better prepared to learn in school and succeed in life.1
- The number of Americans without health insurance has increased steadily since the beginning of the century, now totaling about 47 million. More than 80% are working families.2
- 8.7 million children live without health insurance – more than the total number enrolled in the first and second grades in U.S. public schools.3
1 Institute of Medicine. From Neurons to Neighborhood: The Science of Early Childhood Development. Washington DC: National Academies Press, 2000.
2 Employee Benefit Research Institute estimates from the March Current Population Survey, 2007 Supplement.
3 Compiled by the State Health Access Data Assistance Center (SHADAC), University of Minnesota School of Public Health, using data from the U.S. Census Bureau’s Current Population Survey 2007.